The weather is still beautiful and just as well as this weekend is full of fetes and outdoor events. We will be spending time with family at a local park on Saturday then perhaps visiting the Classic Car show at Notcutts on Sunday. You can find out more about that and other events in Oxfordshire in the listing below:
- Alice’s Day at the Story Museum in Oxford celebrating all things Alice In Wonderland. Enjoy circus and theatrical performances, arts and crafts, face painting, a city trail and more.
- Alice’s picnic at the Oxford Botanic Gardens. Join Alice and The Mad Hatter for an adventurous and intriguing promenade performance. There will also be a trail around the garden, live music, face painting and seed planting.
- Bitten Street at Oxford Castle Quarter from 10am onwards. Street food, bar, produce, crafts stalls. FREE
- Ruby’s vintage and retro fair at Millet’s Farm 10am-5pm. 30+ stalls of vintage and retro goods including clothes, collectables and retro gifts. Live music all day. £1.50 entry.
- Greek and Roman Festival at Didcot Girls School 10am-6pm. Dress up as a Roman, make your own mosaic, watch a play, take part in workshops and watch various speakers. Lots of activities and competitions throughout the day. Purchase tickets here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/stretch-didcot
- Party On The Pitch at Cholsey Meadows 10:30am-10:30pm with a cricket tournament, children’s activities and live music. Bar and BBQ open all day. FREE (donations to Cancer Research UK welcome if you wish).
- Berinsfield Celebration Weekend with Hatwells Fun Fair on the village green, fete, kids disco at the youth club, dog show, grand opening of the new playground and more.
- Teddy bear’s picnic at Didcot Railway Centre 10:30-5pm. Train rides all day, teddy bear trail, children’s entertainment and more. Children with a teddy bear get in free.
- Indian circus at Palmer Park in Reading shows at 2pm and 6pm. Food, cultural performances, fun fair rides and more. Tickets £3 per person, under 3s free.
- Newbury waterways festival 10:30-4:30pm. The canal will be lined by beautifully decorated boats, some of which will be open for visitors. This years theme is the RAF to mark their centenary. There will be stalls, children’s rides and the Newbury duck race at 4:15pm.
- Family fun day and craft fair at Benson Parish hall 10am-4pm. Bouncy castles, character mascots, stalls, raffle, face painting and more. FREE
- Wallingford Soapbox Race 6pm by the bridge. FREE
- Classic car show at Notcutts garden centre in Oxford 9am-4:30pm. Fun fair, refreshments, auto jumble, over 200 vehicles on show and more! FREE
- It’s Always Tea Time exhibition at The Story Museum, Oxford walking into the world of Alice In Wonderland. Follow a picture trail, enjoy a tea party, listen to tales from a giant tea cup and take part in a variety of themed events. Friday 30th March – Saturday 7th July 2018.
- Artists Under Fire exhibition at Banbury Museum. Prints, drawings and watercolours from the Ashmolean Museum’s collection depicting life on the front line during WWI. Open daily Mon-Sat 10am-5pm. Entry £5 for adults, £2 children (under 5s free). Saturday 23rd June – Monday 27th August 2018.