Every year we try to write a bucket list of Christmas activities that we’d like to do throughout December. We always look for any Christmas events to attend. I think I actually enjoy the build up to Christmas better than the day itself! There are some really lovely events out there and festive activities to have a go at. Here’s what I’ve found for Christmas events in Oxfordshire:
- Millets Farm Ice Rink. Millets hold a variety of events in the lead up to Christmas, one of the most popular being the ice rink. This is open from Saturday 16th November until Sunday 5th January. Sessions last approximately 45 minutes and include skate hire. For younger children they have ‘bobby skates’ which go over the shoes for size 4-9 and have a double blade. There are normal ice skates available from child size 10 up to adult size 15. The skate rink is outdoors but under cover and you can hire a seal for £4 extra (first come first served basis). Cost: Peak times (weekends and school holidays) £11.99 per adult, £9.99 per child. Off-peak times (weekdays during term time) £6.50 per adult, £6 per child). There are selected parent and tot sessions available which cost £6.50 per adult with their accompanying toddler free. Check the website for details. https://milletsfarmcentre.com/
- Harwell School Christmas fair from 5:30pm onwards on Friday 13th December. Ice rink, Santa’s grotto, Christmas tree festival, cakes and crafting, food, music and bar.
- Christmas rag wreath making at Earth Trust 10-12pm on Sunday 15th December. Suitable for adults only. Cost: £20 per wreath.
- Christmas showcase dance display by the Maher School of Irish Dance. 2-4:30pm on Sunday 15th December at Snells Hall in East Hendred. Cost: £3 per person (under 14s FREE). Party games, quiz, raffle and light buffet after the show.
- Wooden reindeer making at Earth Trust 1-2pm on Friday 20th December. Cost: £15 per reindeer (hot drink and mince pie included!).
- Christmas family disco 6pm onwards on Saturday 21st December at Steventon Village Hall. Proceeds in aid of Helen and Douglas House. Games and Christmas jumper competition. Raffles and Santa’s grotto. Book in advance or pay on the door.
- Meet and greet Santa mini disco at The Marlborough Club in Didcot. 12-1pm on Sunday 22nd December. Cost: £1 per person. Every child receives a gift.
- Children’s Christmas party at Boundary Park in Didcot 1-5pm on Monday 23rd December. Children’s entertainer Barney Bonkers and Christmas disco. Bar open. Cost: £4 per child, adults free. Book in advance recommended.
- 12 days of Christmas in the Orchard Shopping Centre (Didcot). 11am-4pm. Dance workshops on Saturday 14th December, ‘Lord’ bouncing performers on Sunday 15th December, piped cupcakes on Saturday 21st December and drumming workshops on Sunday 22nd December.
- Illuminated Light Trail at Blenheim Palace daily until 1st January. Stunning lights display in the grounds of the Palace as well as vintage funfair rides and refreshments available. Online booking essential. See website for more details https://www.blenheimpalace.com/
- Alice In The Palace at Blenheim Palace daily until 5th January. Explore the world of Alice In Wonderland in the beautifully decorated state rooms. Book in advance.
For more inspiration on family days out check out our reviews here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/