As our regular readers will know we are the proud owners of a beautiful border collie x labrador called Willow. Willow joined our family the week before Christmas 2016. We had a very bumpy start with her being very poorly but she is now fighting fit and loving life. We enjoy taking Willow out and about with us as much as we can. She’s a very sociable dog and loves to meet new people.
I’m always looking for places to visit and came up with this handy list of dog friendly places to visit in Oxfordshire.
- Cogges Manor Farm (all outdoor areas). Water bowls around the site and free doggy treats in the cafe!
- Cornerstone arts centre (cafe and exhibition areas). Free doggy treats in the cafe!
- King Alfred’s Head pub in Wantage are the dogs wotsits when it comes to being dog friendly! Not only are dogs allowed in and water bowls provided but they also have free dog biscuits, a doggy pool on hot days and they even sell doggy ice cream!! Amazing!
- Berro Lounge (Didcot). Great food and dogs welcome inside. Free doggy treats at the counter!
- Cotswold wildlife park (allowed on a lead in all areas except the bat house, reptile house, children’s farmyard, Madagascar lemur walk, flamingo lake and wolf walkway). Water bowls around the site.
- Blenheim Palace (grounds only)
- Millets Farm (all areas except falconry centre and soft play barn). Water bowls around the site.
- Waddesdon Manor National Trust (grounds only)
- Stowe National Trust (gardens and parkland)
- Greys Court National Trust (grounds only)
- Basildon Park National Park ( grounds and cafe areas)
- Cutteslowe Park & Miniature Railway (dogs welcome in all areas)
- Bernwood Butterfly Trail (dogs welcome in all areas. 2 mile marked trail)
- Broughton Castle (grounds only)
- Windrush Path Mosaic Trail (dogs welcome in all areas. 2 mile marked trail)
- Faringdon Folly Tower and Woodland (woodland only)
- Warburg Nature Reserve (dogs welcome in all areas)
- Earth Trust (dogs welcome for walks except during special events)
Next we’ll be looking for dog friendly places to eat in Oxfordshire. Please get in touch if you know of any that we could include!