Well the temperature has certainly dropped today hasn’t it?! I wonder if we’ll get any snow? I’m not a huge fan of the white stuff to be honest so I’m hoping not! This weekend there’s some free events to enjoy in the various Oxford museums. Any excuse to stay in the warm!
Saturday 19th January
- Join the Multaka tour guides at the History of Science Museum in Oxford for an insight into Islamic musical instruments. Tours available in both Arabic and English. 2:15-4pm for ages 8+
- Science Saturdays at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History 2-4pm. Meet real scientists and have a look at historic specimens from the museum’s collection. Free drop in.
Sunday 20th January
- Sunday story time by the lake at the Nature Discovery Centre in Thatcham. First make a prop for the story such as a puppet or a mask. Then enjoy the story with our Community Wildlife Team. Aimed at 2-5 year olds. Book in advance.
- Little Engineers Workshop at Didcot Railway Centre 11:30-2:30pm. Included in normal admission fee.
- Family Friendly Sundays at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History 2-4pm. Trails, crafts and backpacks with the museum volunteers. Free drop in.
- Kids go free with a full paying adult at Green Dragon Eco Farm 7th-31st January.
- Discounted entry to Oxford Prison and Castle for residents of Oxfordshire every weekend in January (just take proof of address). £6.50 adults, £4.25 for children or £19.50 for a family of 4.
Don’t forget if you are looking for a day out then check out our reviews of places in the South East here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/south-east/