Blimey this weather really doesn’t want to go away does it! We’ve had one storm after another the last few weeks and a crazy amount of rain. It’s meant that a lot of indoor ‘days out’ have been absolutely rammed. Roll on some dry weather so we can get outdoors a bit more. If you’re looking for things to do this weekend then see what’s on in the list below:
- Toy Swap hosted by Sustainable Didcot 2-4pm at King Alfred Drive Community Centre (Didcot). Take along your outgrown/unwanted toys and swap for something else to enjoy! Toys must be in good clean condition with all parts intact. Alternatively if you don’t have any to swap you can simply buy a new toy or game for £1 each.
- Science Bazaar at the Oxford Brookes Headington Campus 10:30am-4pm. Aimed at children aged 5 years +. No need to book. Simply drop in and enjoy a range of activities.
- Family Open day at Science Oxford. £6 per person or £20 for a family of 4. Session times are 10-12pm, 12:30-2:30pm and 3-5pm. Build giant marble runs, listen to music through your teeth, try out a thermal camera and more. Plus head in to the woodland after enjoying the Exploration zone to follow the trails. Booking advised.
- Local food and craft market at the Oxford Artisan Distillery 11am-4pm. Crafts, gifts, food, live music and children’s activities.
- Stanford In The Vale – The Hidden Past Revealed exhibition at Vale & Downland Museum in Wantage. The key findings and objects will be on display from fascinating excavations in the village. Saturday 25th January – Wednesday 25th March 2020. Entry is free but donations are welcome.
- Mr Hemmings hat and other curiosities at Abingdon County Hall museum. Celebrating 100 years of the museum’s collections. Saturday 11th January – Saturday 29th February 2020.
- Narnia Exhibition at Dorchester Abbey. Saturdays 10am-4pm and Sundays 2-4pm from 11th January until 8th March, plus 17th -21st February (half term week) 10am-4pm. £5 per family (2 adults and up to 4 children) or £2 per individual. Childrens’s craft workshops will be running on the Saturdays 1:30-3:30pm £2 per person
- Humour In Times Of Conflict exhibition at the Soldiers Of Oxfordshire Museum. A look at how fun and humour kept soldiers and the people going during the war. 7th November 2019 – 15th March 2020.
If you’re looking for more great ideas for places to visit then check out our reviews pages here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/