We’ve been well and truly spoiled with gorgeous weather this week haven’t we! It’s made me want to plan summer holidays and days out. Sadly the sunshine isn’t due to last for the weekend. Thankfully though there are lots of indoor events to enjoy at various museums and venues across Oxfordshire. See what’s on in Oxfordshire below:
Saturday 2nd March
- Science Saturdays at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History 2-4pm. Meet real scientists and have a look at historic specimens from the museum’s collection. Free drop in.
- Saturday Science Club at the Discovery Zone (The Basement, Centre For Innovation, Oxford) for ages 5-9 years accompanied by an adult. Ideal for fans of the Horrible Science series. Hands-on activities exploring the human digestive system. 3 separate sessions 10-11:30am, 12:30-2pm and 2:30-4pm. Tickets cost £9 per child and must be booked in advance. FULLY BOOKED
- Women in Science afternoon at the History of Science Museum in Oxford 2-4pm. Enjoy some hands-on activities inspired by some of the women in our collection and follow the museum trail. Free drop in session for all ages.
- Neill Cameron’s Comic Club at The Story Museum in Oxford. 11-12:30pm for 8-11 year olds or 1-2:30pm for 12- 16 year olds. Develop you comic making skills with comic artist Neill Cameron. Tickets cost £7 per child and must be booked in advance.
- Get hands on with coins at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford 11:30-3:30pm. Free activity for all ages. You can read our full review of the Ashmolean Museum here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/south-east/ashmolean-museum/
Sunday 3rd March
- Family Friendly Sundays at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History 2-4pm. Trails, crafts and backpacks with the museum volunteers. Free drop in.
- Little Engineers Workshop at Didcot Railway Centre to learn all about pulleys. Aimed at age 4-6 years. Drop in session 11:30-3:30pm, included in normal admission fee. ( you can read our Didcot Railway Centre review here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/south-east/didcot-railway-centre/ )
- Bricktropolis And The Attack Of The Mighty Monsters at Milestones Living Museum. 16th February -28th April 2019 included with admission. Follow two trails around the museum to discover 26 Lego models up to 6 metres tall! Lego play tables, Lego mosaic activity at weekends, dressing up costumes and interactive displays. You can read our full review of Milestones here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/south-east/milestones-living-museum/
For more ideas on places to visit this weekend check out our full list of reviews for attractions in the South East here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/south-east/