So the nights are drawing in now the clocks have turned back and the temperature has certainly dropped. It’s beginning to feel a bit more wintery isn’t it? We had a great time last weekend at the kids first ever firework display. They have certainly got the bug for it so I think we’ll go to a big one next year.
This weekend I am working while the kids will be visiting Nanny with Daddy. On Sunday Lois is taking part in her first remembrance parade with her Beaver group which I’m looking forward to watching. Are any of your children taking part in parades this weekend? If not have a look at what other events are in the listings below.
- Eyeballs and other things at the Museum Of The History Of Science in Oxford. Dissect eye balls and carry out experiments about sight. Drop in session for age 9+ years 1-4pm.
- Story Bash day at Banbury Museum. Sealed Knot civil war re-enactors, arts and crafts, demonstrations, rock choir and more. Free event (donations welcome). 10-5pm
- Ashventures at the Ashmolean Museum 2-2:45pm and 3:15-4pm join in with storytelling, treasure hunts, games and crafts. This week have a go at still life painting. Free entry, all ages welcome.
- Hear former RAF pilot Graham Laurie relive tales of Roald Dahl’s time in the RAF during WWII. 12pm, 1:30pm and 3pm at the Roald Dahl Museum. Free with admission.
- Come and investigate real artifacts at the Oxford Museum of Natural History 2-4pm. Free entry.
- Second World War talk at the Buscot and Coleshill Estate where you can discover the replica underground base and guard post (see our review here for more details Coleshill WWII Operational Base ). 2-4pm.
- Bounce department at Didcot Leisure Centre. 8 different inflatables for 18 months – 12 year olds. 1.5 hours of fun for £5.50 per child. Book tickets in advance here The Bounce Dept.
- Brick Wonders Lego exhibition at Banbury Museum. Sat 16th Sept – Sat 18th Nov. Entry is free of charge! (donations welcome).
- Illuminated woodland walk at Basildon Park 10am-5pm daily until 7th January. Normal admission fees apply.
- Billy and The Minpins exhibition at the Roald Dahl Museum. 7th September 2017- 15th April 2018
- Illuminated weekends at Fairytale Farm every Saturday and Sunday 5-9pm until 17th December and 2oth-24th December.
- Enchanted Menagerie at Waddesdon Manor with animal themed rooms and children’s trail. Usual admission fees apply. 11th Nov-2nd Jan
- The BFG in Pictures. An exhibition of Quentin Blake’s illustrations at the River and Rowing Museum in Henley 19th October 2017-21st January 2018. Normal admission fees apply.