The weather is looking good for this weekend and there are loads of fab Autumn themed events happening. Freshly pressed apple juice anyone?
Saturday 14th October
- Ancient Greece mythical monsters stories, galleries hunts, games and activities at the Ashmolean Museum. 2-2:45pm and 3:15-4pm. Free entry
- Big draw workshop with Lisa Milroy at Modern Art Oxford. Free entry, booking essential.
- Buggy balloon battle at Science Oxford. Create your own remote controlled robot buggy then test it out in the arena. 10-11:30am and 12:30-2pm for 9-12 year olds (must be accompanied by an adult), 2:30-4pm for 12-15 year olds (no parent required). £8 per child. Email email@example.com to book.
- Discover Roald Dahl’s archives at the Roald Dahl Museum. Sessions throughout the day. £1 per person plus museum entry fee. Book in advance online. Any surplus tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis on the day.
- Illumination evenings at Fairytale Farm. Saturdays and Sundays 14th October – 17th December plus 20th-24th Dec. £6 per person 5-9pm enjoying the illuminations plus the price includes a bowl of soup with crusty roll or hotdog with a drink. Book tickets online for discounted price of £5.49pp.
- Magical soiree. Objects of power and belief at the Pitt Rivers Museum. 7-9pm learn about tarot cards, make a fluorescent potion, enjoy live music, decorate ghost biscuits and more. £4 per person. Book in advance on their website.
- Weekend river cruises at Clivedon National Trust site. £11.50 per person for a 45 minute cruise.
- Fun at Fleet Meadow Community Hall (Didcot) 11am-3pm with free bouncy castle, games, crafts and competitions.
Sunday 15th October
- Apple harvest day at Brightwell Cum Sotwell. Taste 10 different varieties of apple, locally produced jams and chutneys, plus village apple juice. From 12pm the apple press will be in action and you can taste the fresh juice straight off the press. Take along your own apples and bottles to make your own. Pop up venue outside the Red Lion Pub in Britwell Cum Sotwell.
- Apple day at Cogges Farm 11am-4pm. Lots of apple varieties to try and freshly pressed apple juice. There will also be a static birds of prey display and archery bowmen in medieval costume. The manor house will also host lots of apple themed activities as well as cider bar and live music.
- Amazing autumn at The Nature Discovery Centre (Thatcham) with lots of fun autumn themed activities, wildlife experts, crafts, food and more. 10:30am-4pm Free entry.
Follow us and share this post