These weekends are rolling by ever so fast aren’t they?! Only 5 more until Christmas – EEK!! The events are slowly starting to take a festive theme and personally I say lets bring it on!
- Didcot Lantern Procession will take place from 5pm starting from Sainsburys and making their way up to the Cornerstone Arts Centre for the finale. The procession will be joined by the Junk n Found Noise Orchestra. There will also be an Indian dance workshop at Cornerstone 10:30-12pm for ages 6+ as part of this event.
- Star Wars snow trooper at Toy Planet in Wantage 9:30-12pm to celebrate the launch of the Star Wars Battlefront 2 video game. Take your little (and big!) Star Wars fans along to get a photo!
- Join author Michelle Robinson for her Beginners Guide To Bear Spotting at the Story Museum (Oxford). £7 adults, £5 children.
- Free lantern making workshop at Oxford Castle Unlocked as part of Oxfords Light Festival weekend celebrations. This is a drop in session between 12-4pm (last entry 3:30pm) led by the designer of the lanterns used in the light parade.
- There are lots of different events and activities taking place across Oxford as part of its Christmas Light Festival celebrations. More details can be found here https://www.oxfordschristmas.com/saturday18
- Willowbrook Leisure centre (Didcot) are holding a ‘Spotacular’ fundraising event for Children In Need including street dance and self defence demonstrations and join in sessions, inflatable obstacle course, bouncy castle, games, football darts, stalls, etc. 10am – 4pm. Donations welcome.
- There are lots of different events and activities taking place across Oxford as part of its Christmas Light Festival celebrations. More details can be found here https://www.oxfordschristmas.com/sunday19
- Reading Christmas lights switch on (Broad street) 4pm with celebrity guests.
- Brick Wonders Lego exhibition at Banbury Museum. Sat 16th Sept – Sat 18th Nov. Entry is free of charge! (donations welcome).
- Illuminated woodland walk at Basildon Park 10am-5pm daily until 7th January. Normal admission fees apply.
- Billy and The Minpins exhibition at the Roald Dahl Museum. 7th September 2017- 15th April 2018
- Illuminated weekends at Fairytale Farm every Saturday and Sunday 5-9pm until 17th December and 2oth-24th December.
- Enchanted Menagerie at Waddesdon Manor with animal themed rooms and children’s trail. Usual admission fees apply. 11th Nov-2nd Jan
- The BFG in Pictures. An exhibition of Quentin Blake’s illustrations at the River and Rowing Museum in Henley 19th October 2017-21st January 2018. Normal admission fees apply.
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th November 11am – 4pm a weekend of exploring light, music and food celebrating the Festival of Light at Oxford’s Ashmolean Museum. Free event! See website for more details: www.ashmolean.org/event/one-world-festival
- Real ice rink at Millets Farm 18th November – 4th January. Sessions are 45 minutes long and include skate hire. Prices start from £6.50.