The kids are back to school after what felt to me like a very long Easter holiday. They were certainly ready to go back and so was I! The sun is now finally shining – yey! Hasn’t it seemed like the longest, wettest winter ever?! If you are looking for something to do this weekend then check out the events below.
Saturday 21st April
- Oxford Comic Con 10am-5pm at the Examination Schools, University of Oxford. Cosplay, celebrity guests, retro gaming and more. Find out more and buy tickets here http://www.oxcon.xyz/
- The Netherlands National Circus at Edmonds Park in Didcot. shows at 3pm and 6pm. 2 hour show with acrobats, juggling, aerial performances, stunts and more. For tickets visit www.thenetherlandscircus.com or the box office is open on site daily 10am-8pm.
- Spring fair at Harcourt Arboretum with traditional live music, local produce, childrens crafts and animals to meet. £6 for adults, children go free with a paying adult.
- Meet childrens author Ted Dewin as he draws live and talks about Bing and the CBeebies television series his books inspired. This will be followed by drawing for the children and Bing book signing. Suitable for ages 2-7 years but all welcome. Adults £2.50, Children £1. 1:30-2:15pm at Oxford Brookes University.
- Computing club: Minecraft Pi Mode 2:30-4pm at Science Oxford for ages 12-15yrs. £8 per child (adults do not need to stay).
- Meet Tracey Corderoy, author of Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam at Oxford Brookes University 2:45-3:45pm. Event aimed at children aged 5-7 years but all ages welcome. £2.50 for adults, £1 for children.
- Meet the Oxford Brookes robots who are capable of dancing, walking, doing tai chi, talk to you and more. 10-11am at Oxford Brookes University. £2.50 for adults, £1 for children.
Sunday 22nd April
- Family friendly Sundays at the Oxford Natural History Museum 2-4pm. Family friendly backpacks, crafts and trails around the museum. FREE WEEKLY EVENT
- The Netherlands National Circus at Edmonds Park in Didcot. shows at 12pm and 3pm. 2 hour show with acrobats, juggling, aerial performances, stunts and more. For tickets visit www.thenetherlandscircus.com or the box office is open on site daily 10am-8pm.
- Inflatable play centre at Didcot Leisure Centre 1-2:30pm. £6 per child. Tickets must be bought in advance here: https://www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/160583/chk/12ea/ref/event
- Children’s Tudor animal trail at The Vyne in Basingstoke. 21st November 2017- 3rd June 2018. Normal admission fees apply.
- Barbara Hepworth:Finding Form. An exhibition of this very talented artist’s sculptures and how they were made as well as a history of her life. River & Rowing Museum, Henley. 9th February – 3rd June 2018
- Marvellous machines exhibition at Banbury Museum including quirky gadgets and contraptions. 24th March – 9th June 2018
- It’s Always Tea Time exhibition at The Story Museum, Oxford walking into the world of Alice In Wonderland. Follow a picture trail, enjoy a tea party, listen to tales from a giant tea cup and take part in a variety of themed events. Friday 30th March – Saturday 7th July 2018.
- Have a go at the Easter trail at the Museum Of The History Of Science in Oxford. Suitable for age 7+. 1st – 23rd April 2018. FREE