Goodness me its got a bit cold all of a sudden hasn’t it?! We decided to go on a family day out to enjoy the Christmas lights at Waddesdon Manor last weekend. The lights and the atmosphere there was fab but I had an epic fail on my part by not taking the kids hats, gloves, etc. We were all absolutely frozen and after just 2 hours had to abandon our visit and head home. Lesson learned. This weekend I will be heading to the shops to purchase thermals and warm winter clothing so we don’t have anymore trips ruined by the cold!There are lots of lovely activities taking place this weekend, but remember to dress accordingly and don’t make the same mistake I did! Have fun, whatever you choose to do x
- Abingdon Christmas Extravaganza 10am -7pm in the Market Place and Bath Street. Events include parade, majorettes display, morris dancers, rock choir, circus workshop and a grand finale of fireworks at 6pm after the Christmas lights switch on.
- Terrific Toys at the Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford. See toys from around the world then make your own to take home. Free event 1-4pm.
- Wantage Comicon at The Beacon (Wantage) 10am -5pm. This looks like a fab event for any film geeks out there with professional cosplayers, display of film cars, autograph signings with various actors, warhammer, retro gaming, stalls and more.
- Etsy Made Local Christmas pop-up market at the Old Fire Station, Oxford. 10am – 4pm lots of locally made gifts and decorations.
- Wallingford at Christmas 12-5pm. Live music, food stalls, gift stalls , shops open and Santa’s Grotto in More Than Images studio. Grand finale at 5pm with the Christmas lights switch on in the marketplace and fireworks!
- Illuminated woodland walk at Basildon Park 10am-5pm daily until 7th January. Normal admission fees apply.
- Billy and The Minpins exhibition at the Roald Dahl Museum. 7th September 2017- 15th April 2018
- Illuminated weekends at Fairytale Farm every Saturday and Sunday 5-9pm until 17th December and 2oth-24th December.
- Enchanted Menagerie at Waddesdon Manor with animal themed rooms and children’s trail, Christmas Imaginarium and Willow lantern walk. Usual admission fees apply. 11th Nov-2nd Jan
- The BFG in Pictures. An exhibition of Quentin Blake’s illustrations at the River and Rowing Museum in Henley 19th October 2017-21st January 2018. Normal admission fees apply.
- Real ice rink at Millets Farm 18th November – 4th January. Sessions are 45 minutes long and include skate hire. Prices start from £6.50.
- 24th November – 23rd December Find Santa’s reindeer around the grounds at Waterperry Gardens, then collect a Christmas treat. £2 child plus adult admission.
- Christmas at Blenheim Palace 24th November – 1st January. Singing Christmas trees, vintage carousel, tasty treats and more. Adults £16.50. Children £10.50, Under 5s free.
- Christmas day out with Thomas The Tank at Didcot Railway Centre. Pre-book tickets online here Days Out With Thomas
- Oxford Botanical Garden Christmas Fair 2nd & 3rd December. Enjoy lots of lovely gift stalls in the heated marquee followed by some artisan food.
- Christmas at STEAM railway museum in Swindon 10am-5pm both Saturday and Sunday. Over 50 market stalls, live music and story time with Santa. Entry only £1 for children (under 3s FREE!) and £3 for adults.