Last weekend we were excited to visit the British Motor Museum near Banbury which was fantastic. We have never been before and hadn’t even heard of it until very recently but what a great day out! There was so much to see and it was so big, I was amazed we hadn’t found it sooner. This weekend we are having a rest from review visits and are spending some time with family instead. The kids love having a chilled out day at Nanny’s house and so do we. She cooks the best meals! If you are looking for some entertainment this weekend 3rd-4th Feb have a look at the events below or check out our days out reviews here for more inspiration.
- Ashventures at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. 2-2:45pm and 3:15-4pm. This weeks theme: India Lord of the Dance. FREE
- Live science show SPACE at Winchester Science Centre at 11am, 12:30pm, 2pm and 3:30pm. £1 plus general admission fee.
- Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum kids club 1-3:30pm £7 per child age 6-9 years (no adults allowed!). This months theme is Call The Medics. Use army medicine to save the day. You can read our review of this fab little museum here Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum
- Comic book making club at The Story Museum, Oxford 11-12:30am £7 per child age 8-12 years only
- Nick Cope’s interactive acoustic music concert for young children and their families. 10:30-11:30am at The Story Museum, Oxford. £5 per person
- Family friendly Sundays at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History 2-4pm. Trails, crafts and activity backpacks. FREE
- Live science show SPACE at Winchester Science Centre at 11am, 12:30pm and 2pm. £1 plus general admission fee.
- FUNomusica family concert at Oxford Town Hall 3-4pm. Listen to your movie theme tune favourites. £10pp.
- Percussion music cushion concert at Jdp music building, St Hildas College,Oxford. 10am and 11am for under 5s, 12pm for over 5s. Babies go free and don’t forget to take your own cushions.. Book tickets here Percussion cushion concerts
- Harry Potter themed day at The Story Museum, Oxford 11am-4pm. Join in with quidditch training at 11:30am, 1pm and 2:30pm, improvised wizarding show at 12:30pm, plus facepainting and Harry Potter themed crafts throughout the day. All included within normal admission fee (excluding the Harry Potter Junior Quiz which costs extra).
- Billy and The Minpins exhibition at the Roald Dahl Museum. 7th September 2017- 15th April 2018
- Vintage Star Wars toys and cinema posters exhibition at the Willis Museum and Sainsbury Gallery in Basingstoke. 13th January – 14th April 10am-4pm. FREE
- Children’s Tudor animal trail at The Vyne in Basingstoke. 21st November 2017- 3rd June 2018. Normal admission fees apply.