Well the weather has all gone a little bit mad hasn’t it?! Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the white stuff personally but I know lots of you will have been out building snowmen and enjoying time off school. If you are planning on heading out and about this weekend do take extra care and set off in plenty of time. It’s a good idea to check places are open before you set off to avoid a wasted journey. Some events listed below may be affected by the weather conditions so check first if they are going ahead.
Saturday 3rd March
- Make a Hornswoggler head with the help of artist Georgia Davy and become one of Roald Dahl’s most fearsome beasts. £3 per person plus normal admission at Roald Dahl Museum & Story Centre. 12pm, 1:30pm and 3pm.
- World Book Day celebrations at Roald Dahl Museum & Story Centre 11am -5pm free with admission. Writing hut talks, make a dirty beast in the craft kitchen and follow a trail around the museum. You can also exchange your World Book Day voucher in the gift shop.
- Inside British Motorsport day at British Motor Museum. See talks and presentations from big names in the motorsport industry with time to also enjoy the museum and network. Lunch included.
- Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum kids club 1-3:30pm £7 per child age 6-9 years (no adults allowed!). This months theme is Sensational Saxons. You can read our review of this fab little museum here Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum
- Flubber, rubber and slime at Science Oxford Science Club for 5-9 year olds. 10-11:30am, 12:30-2pm and 2:30-4pm. £8 per child
- Operation Earth:Meet The Experts at Oxford Museum of Natural History 2-4pm. Drop in for a chat with science experts and get hands-on with science. FREE
- Authors Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo will be at Blackwells in Oxford 2-3pm to sign copies of their new book Goodnight Stories For Rebel Girls 2. FREE
Sunday 4th March
- FUNomusica Intergalactic Adventure concert including 1 hour of pre-concert activities consisting of face painting, crafts and time to try out the instruments. Concert by Alasdair Malloy and the Oxford Philharmonic orchestra. 2-4pm at Oxford Town Hall.
- Billy and The Minpins exhibition at the Roald Dahl Museum & Story Centre. 7th September 2017- 15th April 2018
- Vintage Star Wars toys and cinema posters exhibition at the Willis Museum and Sainsbury Gallery in Basingstoke. 13th January – 14th April 10am-4pm. FREE EVENT
- Children’s Tudor animal trail at The Vyne in Basingstoke. 21st November 2017- 3rd June 2018. Normal admission fees apply.
- Barbara Hepworth:Finding Form. An exhibition of this very talented artist’s sculptures and how they were made as well as a history of her life. River & Rowing Museum, Henley. 9th February – 3rd June 2018