So this has been a bit of a manic week of the elves arriving, putting up the Xmas decs, Lois’s school nativity play, getting organised for Xmas and our trip to Alton Towers Resort, oh and of course working! Things aren’t going to be slowing down any time soon but I am really excited for our plans this weekend. All will be revealed soon!The Christmas season is definitely in full swing now and I absolutely love all the festive events on every weekend. Here are my top picks for this week:
- Christmas themed family Xplorer orienteering event at Wallingford Bullcroft Park. 10-12pm Free event!
- Ashventures at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. 2-2:45pm and 3:15-4pm. This weeks theme: Nativity story paintings. Free event!
- Behind the scenes sneak peak into Roald Dahl’s archives at the Roald Dahl Museum. 12pm, 1pm and 2pm. £1 per person plus normal admission fees.
- Stars and planets drop in sessions at the Museum of the History of Science in Oxford. Make a star dial or paper plate planetarium. 2-4pm. Free event!
- Festival of light lantern procession at the Corn Exchange, Newbury. 4:30-6pm
- Have an instant photo taken by a professional photographer of your family inside the giant snowglobe at Castle Quays Shopping Centre in Banbury 11am-4pm. Free event!
- Illuminated woodland walk at Basildon Park 10am-5pm daily until 7th January. Normal admission fees apply.
- Billy and The Minpins exhibition at the Roald Dahl Museum. 7th September 2017- 15th April 2018
- Illuminated weekends at Fairytale Farm every Saturday and Sunday 5-9pm until 17th December and 2oth-24th December.
- Enchanted Menagerie at Waddesdon Manor with animal themed rooms and children’s trail, Christmas Imaginarium and Willow lantern walk. Usual admission fees apply. 11th Nov-2nd Jan
- The BFG in Pictures. An exhibition of Quentin Blake’s illustrations at the River and Rowing Museum in Henley 19th October 2017-21st January 2018. Normal admission fees apply.
- Real ice rink at Millets Farm 18th November – 4th January. Sessions are 45 minutes long and include skate hire. Prices start from £6.50.
- 24th November – 23rd December Find Santa’s reindeer around the grounds at Waterperry Gardens, then collect a Christmas treat. £2 child plus adult admission.
- Christmas at Blenheim Palace 24th November – 1st January. Singing Christmas trees, vintage carousel, tasty treats and more. Adults £16.50. Children £10.50, Under 5s free.
- Christmas day out with Thomas The Tank at Didcot Railway Centre. Pre-book tickets online here Days Out With Thomas
- Around The World In 80 minutes ice skating show at Oxford Ice rink. Shows at 3pm and 6pm on both Saturday and Sunday. Adults £12, Children and 60+ £9
- Christmas craft sessions at British Motor Museum, Gaydon 10am-3pm both days. Make car shaped Christmas cards and salt dough decorations. Normal admission fees apply.