This weekend is all about outdoor activities & events in Oxfordshire and beyond. From music festivals to carnivals and charity fundraisers, its all going on! Find out more here:
Saturday 9th June
- BrightFest Brightwell-Cum-Sotwell’s annual charity summer music festival. All proceeds go towards ‘Maeve’s Magical Journey’ who are fundraising for an expensive operation and physiotherapy for a little girl with cerebral palsy. The kids area will include bouncy castles, giant jenga, face painting, treasure hunt, craft area and more, plus there’s live music all day! 2-11pm at the Recreation Ground in Brightwell-Cum-Sotwell. Free entry, donations welcome.
- Harwell Campus STEAM family fun day 12-5pm. £5 entry per family (all activities included in entry fee!). Fire engine, climbing wall, finger printing with the police, arts and crafts, science workshops and more. Refreshments and street food stalls available.
- Pop-up circus at Manor School (Didcot). More details here: The Circus Is Coming To Manor School!
Sunday 10th June
- Wantage carnival 12pm-7pm raising money for local causes. Parade at 11:45am followed by a day of fun fair rides, stalls, face painting, Lenny’s Lizards, live music and more in the Market Place.
- Bubble Rush 5k charity run in Cuttleslowe Park (Oxford) 10-12pm. Entries open to anyone aged 3 years and over and participants receive a Bubble Rush medal at the end for taking part. All money raised goes to Helen And Douglas House who support local terminally ill children and their families. Register here: https://www.helenanddouglas.org.uk/event/helen-douglas-house-bubble-rush/
- Marvellous machines exhibition at Banbury Museum including quirky gadgets and contraptions. 24th March – 9th June 2018
- It’s Always Tea Time exhibition at The Story Museum, Oxford walking into the world of Alice In Wonderland. Follow a picture trail, enjoy a tea party, listen to tales from a giant tea cup and take part in a variety of themed events. Friday 30th March – Saturday 7th July 2018.
- Myths and legends scarecrow trail in East Hagbourne village. Maps can be purchased for £1 from the Community Shop or Fleur De Lyes pub and all proceeds go to charity. Saturday 26th May – Sunday 10th June 2018.
- Didcot and Wallingford train trails hunt. Buy a map for £1 from Cornerstone in Didcot, Blewbury post office, Wallingford Town Information Centre or Poppycraft in Wallingford. Solve the clues to find all 44 trains! Saturday 26th May – Sunday 10th June 2018.
Follow us and share this post