As always here is our weekly round up of all the best family fun events taking place across Oxfordshire this weekend. Discover historic artifacts, do some crafting or maybe learn a bit of science? Have fun whatever you decide to do!
Saturday 16th March
- Science Saturdays at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History 12-4pm. Meet real scientists and have a look at historic fossils from the museum’s collection. Free drop in.
- Maker Club Juniors are designing their own kites at The Basement with Science Oxford (Oxford Centre For Innovation). 10-11:30am for ages 9-12 years. £8 per child.
- Drawing Mania drawing workshop using items in the museum as inspiration at the Vale & Downland Museum. 10:30-11:30am for all ages and abilities. Free drop in.
- Nature Explorers Club for 5-8 year olds at the Nature Discovery Centre Thatcham 10-12pm. £5 per child (must be accompanied by an adult). Book in advance. Outdoor activities including cooking on an open fire and getting muddy while learning about nature.
- Super STEM day at East Hagbourne School 10am-4pm. Lots of STEM activities aimed at primary aged children including fossils, electricity, hovercrafts, DNA, marine science, forensics and more. £5 per child.
Sunday 17th March
- Family Friendly Sundays at the Oxford University Museum of Natural History 2-4pm. Trails, crafts and backpacks with the museum volunteers. Free drop in.
- Come and design your own personalised Mothers Day gift with Little Foxglove Crafts. Design a canvas bag, cushion cover, whatever you like. Prices range from £9 to £29 depending on the item you chose. 10am-1pm at Willows Shake Shop in Abingdon and at Cornerstone Arts Centre Didcot 2-4pm.
- Storytime by the lake at the Nature Discovery Centre in Thatcham. Suitable for 2-5 year olds. 11am, 12:30pm and 2pm. £3 per child.
- The Maher School of Irish Dance are putting on a dance display for St Patricks Day at Snells Hall in East Hendred 3pm. £4 for adults, under 14s free.
- Bricktropolis And The Attack Of The Mighty Monsters at Milestones Living Museum. 16th February -28th April 2019 included with admission. Follow two trails around the museum to discover 26 Lego models up to 6 metres tall! Lego play tables, Lego mosaic activity at weekends, dressing up costumes and interactive displays. You can read our full review of Milestones here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/south-east/milestones-living-museum/
For more ideas on places to visit this weekend check out our full list of reviews for attractions in the South East here: http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/south-east/