The weather isn’t looking too brilliant for the weekend but let’s hope there are some sunny spells as there’s lots of fab outdoor events to look forward to. Many of this weeks events are annual occurences that never fail to disappoint. The only trouble is choosing which one to go to!
Saturday 8th June
- STEAM family fun day at Harwell Campus 12-5pm. £10 entry per family then all activities free! Fire engine, climbing wall, science experiments, arts and crafts, fingerprinting with the police and lots more. Pay by cash at the gate.
- Pangbourne dragon boat racing 9am-5pm watch from Pangbourne Meadows.
- South Stoke steam rally from 10am at Hill Bottom. Displays, exhibits plus live music in the evening. Vintage and classic vehicles, steam engines, military vehicles, motorbikes, beer tent and food stalls, fun fair, wild west re-enactments and more!
- Zog fun day at Moors Valley Country Park (see our review here:http://mumof2point5.com/daysout/south-east/moors-valley-country-park/ ) Complete the Zog fun trail then have your photo taken with Zog and free facepainting when you complete it.
Sunday 9th June
- Wantage carnival in the Market Square 11am-7pm. Fun fair, stalls, food, local bands, etc. All proceeds go back in to the local community.
- Open Farm Sunday at various venues across England. Type in your postcode to find the nearest participating venue. Working farms open to the public with demonstrations, tractor rides, local produce, etc. See link for more details: https://farmsunday.org/visit-a-farm
- East Hagbourne scarecrow trail Saturday 25th May – Sunday 9th June. Maps cost £1 from the community shop or Fleur De Lys pub.